Who is it for?
Developed especially for babies, toddlers and children, this friendly bacteria supplement contains a unique blend of 3 of the most scientifically researched strains for children from 0 to 12 years, as well as FOS fibres and added vitamin D3 to help maintain immune health.
Optibac Probiotics Strains
- Bifidobacterium breve M-16V®
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001
New & Improved
We’ve updated the ingredients in this supplement to a unique blend of 3 of the most researched friendly bacteria strains for babies & children. Babies & Children now contains Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG – the most researched friendly bacteria strain in the world – as well as Vitamin D to support immunity.
Existing customers can continue to use it just as before.
Who is Optibac Babies & Children for?
Expertly formulated especially for babies, toddlers and children up to 12 years old.
- Expertly formulated digestive supplement for little tummies
- Contains three high quality, extremely well researched friendly bacteria strains
- Each sachet provides 3 billion live cultures (guaranteed until end of expiry)
- Includes L. rhamnosus GG, the most scientifically studied strain in the world
- With added vitamin D3 to help maintain immune health
- Source of FOS fibre (0.5g of fructooligosaccharides)
- Suitable from birth up to 12 years
- Collectively, these 3 strains have been clinically trialled in thousands babies & children worldwide
- Friendly bacteria scientifically proven to reach the gut alive and complement the natural gut bacteria
- Easy to take sachet (flavourless) - simply mix with cool, non-acidic food or drinks
- No refrigeration necessary
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements.+
Available to buy in three pack sizes of 10, 30 or 90 sachets.
- Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast
- Simply mix with your child's favourite cool, non-acidic foods or drinks – try sprinkling the powder over cereal, mixing it with yogurt, or dissolve in water or milk.
- Can be taken with formula milk - simply add to the bottle once it has cooled down to room temperature (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
- For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle.
- Give 1 sachet daily.
- If desired or professionally directed, can be increased to 2 sachets a day
Looking for a delicious alternative for children aged 3 years+? Try our new friendly bacteria fruit gummies for kids.
Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
All questions answered by Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
What are children’s friendly bacteria?
Live cultures for children are dietary supplements specially designed for use by infants and children. Certain species and strains of bacteria are more commonly found in a child’s gut, such as strains of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli. High-quality kids’ supplements will contain live cultures which have been clinically researched in children and are particularly suitable for a child’s developing digestive system. Optibac Babies & Children contains strains of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli which have been researched in children, such as Bifidobacterium breve M-16V ® and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG.
How do I choose the best friendly bacteria supplement for my child?
When choosing a friendly bacteria supplement for your child, you need to feel confident that it’s safe, well-researched, and contains bacteria which are suitable for your child's needs. It's best to choose a supplement which has been specifically researched and designed for kids. Optibac Babies & Children is a high-quality live cultures supplement. Collectively these 3 strains have been clinically tested in thousands of babies and children1,2,3,4,5.
When is the best time of day to give Optibac Babies & Children?
If possible it is best to give Optibac Babies & Children in the morning with the first meal of the day. This is when stomach acidity is at its most neutral, ensuring that the live cultures pass safely through the harsh stomach environment. Giving the supplement with food also helps to buffer stomach acid and helps to assist the transit of the bacteria through the stomach and into the gut.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care. Keep out of reach of children.
This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions. Probiotic supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy lifestyle and varied diet. If you are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use. Optibac Probiotics supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.
- Stabiliser: maltodextrin (natural source)
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS 0.5g)
- Live cultures: Bifidobacterium breve M-16V®, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001
- Vitamin D3 (2.5 µg100IU, 50% NRV*) *Nutrient Reference Value
Each sachet contains 3 billion live cultures guaranteed until the date of expiry.
- No dairy
- Gluten free
- Yeast free
- GMO free
- No added sugars
- Free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives
- No chemicals or parabens