Who is it for?
An easy, high-quality friendly bacteria supplement ideal for anyone intending to travel to hotter climates. Take prior to and during travels. No refrigeration required.Short dated stock - Best Before end of March 2022.
50% off For travelling abroad. Offer is automatically applied at the checkout.
Optibac Probiotics Strains
- Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11
- Saccharomyces boulardii
- Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52
For anyone looking to order a supplement to take prior to and during travels.
Good to know:
- Each capsule provides 5 billion good bacteria and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry
- The Lactobacillus, Saccharomyces and Bifidobacterium genera contained in this supplement are all well-researched
- Shown to survive at higher temperatures and humidity, making this a suitable travel companion for destinations with hotter, more humid climates such as India, Egypt or Mexico
- The high-quality nature of this supplement gives travellers the increased confidence to enjoy their holidays worry-free
- Does not interfere with antimalarials or other travel medication
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut
- This combination of live cultures and friendly yeast is designed to complement the body's natural gut bacteria
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required
- Suitable for: vegetarians and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance
- Suitable from 1 year onwards
- Recommended for daily use preferably starting 3 - 5 days before departure, continuing during time abroad and for a couple of days upon return
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures
- Available in two pack sizes of 20 or 60 capsules
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
Please note: This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr. Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc (Hons) Medical Microbiology and Kerry Beeson BSc (Nutritional Medicine) Nutritional Therapist.
Should I take friendly bacteria before travelling?
We recommend that ‘For travelling abroad’ is taken for at least 3-5 days before departing on your foreign travels. This allows time for the friendly bacteria to reach the gut and start to complement the natural gut bacteria1. There are lots of different types of friendly bacteria2 but the strains in this supplement are especially suitable for use when travelling. It is fine to use 'For travelling abroad' in combination with your favourite daily live cultures supplement, taken regularly in between your foreign trips.
Do I need to keep this supplement cold when travelling?
None of the supplements in the Optibac range need to be refrigerated either at home or when travelling, if stored at room temperature (25°C or 77°F). But the strains contained in ‘For travelling abroad’ are very hardy and can survive at higher temperatures and humidity levels (keep them out of direct sunlight if possible). This makes the supplement an ideal travel companion for destinations with hotter, more humid climates such as India, Egypt, or Mexico.
How do I choose the best travel supplement with live cultures?
When choosing any supplement, it is always a good idea to follow the research. A friendly bacteria supplement designed especially for travelling will contain strains which have been extensively researched and are suitable for that specific purpose3,4. All of the strains in ‘For travelling abroad’ are of the highest quality; they have been extensively researched in numerous clinical trials and proven to reach the gut alive.
What makes this supplement especially suitable for travel?
‘For travelling abroad’ is designed to be easy to take when travelling. The ‘fridge-free’ formulation means you can take it with you wherever you roam! It is suitable for all the family over the age of 1 year (pregnant women should consult with a doctor before use), and if desired, the easy-to-swallow capsules can be opened, and contents popped into cool, non-acidic drinks. The four carefully selected strains combine to make this supplement a perfect all-rounder - a good gut feeling means a great holiday!
Instructions for use
Food supplement suitable for adults and children (from 1 year onwards) with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily with food, preferably breakfast, starting 3-5 days before departure, continuing during travel abroad and for a few days upon return from travel, or as professionally directed.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the content of the capsules may be mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
- For best results, do not remove desiccant sachet from the glass jar and close lid firmly after each use.
- Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care. Keep out of reach of children.
This is a dietary supplement and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Probiotic supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. If you are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use. Optibac supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking 'For travelling abroad'.